Friday, January 26, 2007

Blog Nine: Mysteries and Excitements

Seems to me that you have to go down to the bottom of the blogs and start from there, otherwise everything is in the wrong order. Well, never mind. You are all clever, you can manage that.

Anyway, we have some news. The paperback of LIONBOY: THE TRUTH is about to come out, on February 2. You may think it is very exciting for a writer when a book comes out but actually very little happens - except you get to feel a bit special all day. When the hardback comes out for the first time you get reviews in the papers and interviews and maybe you go on the radio, and you have a party, and that of course is a lot of fun. People make speeches about how wonderful you are, and you want to hide under the table, while at the same time kind of loving it.

Then if it comes out in other countries you might get to go there, which is rather wonderful. Because you're dealing with people from the country, it's not like being on holiday - you're working, doing interviews and so on, but you're a guest too, and everyone is nice to you and takes you around. It's a great way to be involved with a country. We've been to Thailand and Japan, Argentina, Spain, Holland, the USA, Germany and Austria. I'll do a blog about that soon, and put up some pictures...

By the time the paperback of the third book of a trilogy comes out no-one's giving you parties any more, and anyway you are writing something new, and your whole mind is on that. However - for the reader, it's different. Now The Truth is in paperback, it's cheap! So everyone can get their own copy.

In fact, we are now writing a new new thing. We have our Mystery Book, about the boy theif and the strange book and the tiny little dragons, which I will tell you more about in due course, coming out next February (only a year to go now, Ryan!); but we also have our even more mystery NEW PROJECT, which is such a brilliant idea that we can't tell you anything about it at all. Except that it is completely brilliant and has five kids in it, called Toni, Fig, Sophia, Zed and Treva. Treva is Japanese. There is no talking to cats. It's nothing like Lionboy (except in its brilliance).



I don't think that's giving too much away....



Oh, and the publishers don't even know about it yet. Haha - now we will find out if they read the ZizouBlog!


Other news: Young Zizou is learning to play the guitar. Old Zizou has a bad arm from too much excited typing. Zizou the lizard is hibernating. We had a leaky loo and the next thing the floorboards were up, the loo was in the hall and the basin was in the front garden. Bit of a shock.


And there's a new interview with us in National Geographic Kids magazine. You can find it on http://www.ngkids.co.uk/ngkids/stories/lion-boy/


Right - better go and write a book. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers.

9 comments:

Liz.E said...

I really love your books!
I'm doing a project on you right now and i was suprised you have a blog too! My blog is www.thegirl.blogspot.com
I haven't really written much in it but anyway. I wish you do make another book/series. I wish i could meet you sometime!

Liz.E said...

My blog is actually www.lizziethegirl.blogger.com
I fogot! my bet!

Holly said...

I absolutely LOVE your books. I know this is kinda sorta off topic (it's still about your books, but not about any new ones or future ones), but why is Primo, a Smilodon fatalis (a.k.a. a saber tooth cat or tiger) "nearly twice as big as the oldest lion" when Smilodon fatalis were actually a bit smaller than lions, just heavier? It could just be me though. I'm kinda out of it today. If you're mad at me about this, I'm sorry! REALLY sorry! Don't stop writing your great books! I was just wondering! Please don't hurt me! Okay. I'm okay. Sorry!

upsilon said...

I am curious as to why there was such a dramatic change in the covers of the books before the publishing of the third. I have the first two softcover with the beautiful cartoon style lions, circus style writing and shiny reflective parts. Why the change? I must admit i am very disappointed because my little collection will now look odd with the new cover design clashing totally with the old. Please bring back the old.

pyro maniac said...

I loved your books so much that i nearly cried after lion boy the chase (thats a lot comin from me).visit america sometime we like your books too. say hi to zizu (the pet not the author(s)

Anonymous said...

Hey Zizou, Rafi Sadler here. Nice to know that you're all really excited about the Lionboy books. I was excited myself, actually. Send me a email or something - rafisadler@hotmail.com - I'll reply sometime, tell you how I am.

Zizou Alphonse Corder, PhD said...

Very good point Shandance -
The change of cover design was the publishers' decison. I think they thought if they made the covers more dramatic and modern then more readers would be attracted to it. Personally I LOVE the old ones, perhaps because they remind me of book covers from when I was young. And yes it is a pity that the trilogydoesn't match.... though they have done a new Book One (Linboy) to match the new style. Not much comfort when you've already bnought the old ones, I know. Still, at least you have collectors' items now....

Zizou Alphonse Corder, PhD said...

hey - and Rafi!

Where are you? What's going on? let me know and if you;re up to anything interesting maybe we could write about it?

^______^ said...

Hi , there I was just browsing your blog. It is quite interesting. Umm , so how actually u both like to write.. Plz tell me .. e-mail me at smiley_miley2@live.com